UT Austin Wins Top Promo Honors AgainJuly 1, 2011
For the second consecutive year, Document Solutions at The University of Texas at Austin has captured IPMA’s Promotional Excellence Award for its extraordinary in-house marketing efforts. This award recognizes excellence in promotional campaigns developed by and used to promote an in-house corporate publishing facility.
“Our static printed pieces help deliver messages regarding our department; our hosted events are designed to develop relations with customers; and our participation in UT events is done with the intention of creating brand awareness,” explains Director of Document Solutions Richard Beto.
Here are just a few of the in-plant’s many promotional efforts:
- Printing calendars, which include academic holidays and federal holidays. The Document Solutions logo is on each page, as is contact information for all four copy centers.
- Document Solutions randomly distributes coupons to thank customers for using its services.
- The in-plant inserts Document Services brochures with all monthly invoices to customers to reinforce awareness.
- Plastic shopping bags displaying the in-plant’s logo serve as a promotional tool, helping build awareness.
- Large work orders are delivered in custom-made boxes displaying the Document Solutions brand.
- A variety of notepads are designed for different customers, many of which are athletic departments. They are strategically printed around the time of the big games each season. Boxes of notepads are sent to Human Resources for employee orientations, to build awareness among new hires.
- Document Solutions hosts a popular December holiday party with appetizers, entrees, desserts, drinks and a raffle.