IPMA to Meet in California
IPMA to Meet in CaliforniaApril 2013 By Bob Neubauer
It’s been many years since the In-Plant Printing & Mailing Association (IPMA) held its conference in California, but on June 2 that’s exactly where the world’s largest in-plant association will be. More than 100 managers from in-plants all over the country are expected to convene in San Mateo, near San Francisco, for the three-day event.
In addition to a packed vendor fair, the In-Print awards ceremony and endless networking opportunities, managers will get to choose from dozens of educational sessions. To be held at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront June 2-6, the conference promises to be an action-packed affair. Each day will begin with an inspirational keynote address designed to give attendees ideas and motivate them to improve their in-plants.
- On Monday, nationally acclaimed author and management expert Barry Maher will discuss real-world tactics for increasing productivity and job satisfaction.
- Tuesday morning, Barb Pellow, group director at InfoTrends, will talk about how in-plants can make a difference and deliver results. She will share survey results showing how in-plants are differentiating their operations and offer strategies to help in-plants become the best possible service providers for their organizations.
- On Wednesday, Howie Fenton, senior consultant with NAPL, will share how in-plants can benchmark and improve performance against industry leaders. He’ll discuss how to compile quantifiable customer satisfaction data and how to make a strong case for an in-plant’s intangible benefits.
If these topics aren’t timely enough, here’s a small sample of some of the other sessions and speakers on the agenda:
- How to Create Performance Metrics and Pricing Strategies (Tim Hendrix, State of Oregon)
- How to Weave Your In-plant into the Fabric of Your Organization (Staci Hill, Freese and Nichols)
- Expand Your Market with Multiple Levels of Digital Color (Rex Brooker, Principal Financial Group)
- Creation of a Five-year Copier/Printer Plan (Sylvia Marmon, City of Boise)
- How to Replace Print Products with Digital Services (Steve Nelles, County of Ventura)
- 10 Simple Steps for Building a Successful, Productive Team (Ellen Koch, Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon)
- How to Find the Hidden Dollars within Your In-plant (Debbie Pavletich, Briggs & Stratton)
- Is High-speed Inkjet in Your In-plant’s Future? (Jimmy Vainstein and Les Barker, The World Bank)
- A Look into the Future of Mail (Dave Pitts, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center)
- From E-mail to Web Submission (Rocky Reynolds, Citrus College)
- Innovative Ways to Build New Revenue Sources (Larry Clements, Redlands Community College)
After a full day of educational sessions, and evening activities like a boat cruise through San Francisco Bay, attendees can unwind at a nightly hospitality suite where they will have the opportunity to meet other in-plant managers who share their concerns. Don’t miss this year’s IPMA conference. Find out more at www.ipma.org