Major Product Debuts at SGIA ExpoOctober 25, 2013
The SGIA 2013 Expo wraps up today in Orlando. So far this week, several new wide-format printing technologies have made their debut.
- EFI showcased the new 3.2-meter EFI VUTEk GS3250LXr Pro, the first dedicated roll-to-roll printer to use EFI’s LED “cool cure” technology. EFI also announced commercial availability for its VUTEk GS Pro-TF thermoforming system, a UV printer and ink combination that advances the industry’s analog-to-digital transformation by bringing inkjet printing to the thermoformed product decoration market.
- FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Graphic Systems Division, along with Inca Digital debuted the Inca Onset S40i, a six-color plus white large-format flatbed UV Inkjet press. FUJIFILM also introduced the Uvistar Pro-8 with White, a grand format hybrid UV printer that introduces white ink, enabling the Uvistar to produce stunning backlit signs by printing white ink over or under the CYMK image.
- Canon Solutions America highlighted the award-winning Océ ColorWave 900 and the versatile 44˝ Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8400S printer, ideal for print providers who need quality large-format output and maximum productivity.
- Agfa introduced two new products at SGIA: The Anapurna M3200 RTR, a 126˝ wide UV-curable roll-to-roll printer that produces a range of roll applications for indoor and outdoor use. Also new is the Anapurna M2500, a 98˝ wide industrial UV inkjet system engineered for sustained higher workloads. It supports both rigid and roll-to-roll media. Designed for indoor and outdoor applications, the system features six colors and in-line white ink, producing prints at a maximum resolution of 1440 dpi.
- Mutoh America showed off its new ValueJet 1617H, featuring a half inch print height and white ink printing capability.
- Durst debuted the five-meter Rho 512R UV inkjet roll printer, and Rhotex 322 UV inkjet “soft signage” printer, featuring new 12-picolitre Quadro Array print heads.
- Esko demonstrated its new Kongsberg C64 super-wide digital finishing system, which works with 126˝x126˝ materials.
- Visual Magnetics was recognized with an SGIA 2013 Product of the Year Award in the paper-based media for digital inkjet category. VM-ECOten is a magnetic receptive cellulose-based substrate and is the latest addition to the MagnaMedia Specialties Collection.