Strong In-plant Turnout Expected at Graph Expo
Graph Expo is only nine days away, and the show is expected to draw an impressive number of in-plants. One reason for this is the strong focus on in-plants this year, to include sessions, receptions and networking opportunities specifically for in-house print managers.
The Chicago show will feature an expanded in-plant education track, with such intriguing session topics as:
- Re-Branding Wizardry for In-plant Print Centers
- Growth Strategies for Corporate/Education/In-plant Print Centers
- In-plant Ingenuity: Building Your Company Inside Another
- In-plant Biz Development 101: ‘How-to’ Build Variable & Multi-Channel Offerings
One highlight will be a panel discussion, coordinated by Rochester Software Associates (RSA), entitled “Empowered In-plants: Tell-All Success Stories from the Field.” Four in-plant managers will offer exclusive looks inside their operations. They will detail what has been tried that did not work, their biggest challenges, budget dos and don’ts and how other in-plants can be successful.
To be held October 8, from 10:30 – noon, in room S405ab, the panel will include:
- Jimmy Friend, director of Printing and Distribution Solutions at the University of North Texas, winner of the 2012 In-Print Best of Show award.
- Debbie Gallagher, senior operations analyst, Department of Administrative Services Publishing & Distribution Department for the State of Oregon.
- Gene Voelker, manager of Supply Chain Business Services at Parkview Health, northeast Indiana’s largest healthcare provider.
- Phil Larson, former director of AFPress and grafaccent at American Fidelity, now president of Shepherd Consulting OK.
Directly following this, the In-Plant Printing & Mailing Association (IPMA) will offer a free lunch and learn session in Room S102 on October 8, 12:00-1:30, covering Web-to-print, QR codes and more. Sponsors include RSA, Xerox and Kodak, and InfoTrends’ Barb Pellow will moderate. (Registration is required.)
Beyond the sessions, a new networking hub called “The InPlant Place” will be available in booth #3461. Sponsored by IPMA, it will offer in-plant-specific education, networking and relaxation opportunities. Rochester Software Associates will also offer daily in-plant networking in booth 237 starting at 4:00. (Register here.) And if you want still more in-plant content, swing by the In-plant Graphics booth (563) to grab the latest issue.
Graph Expo will take place October 7-10 at Chicago’s McCormick Place. Get a free Expo Pass, valued at $45, compliments of IPMA here.