It's In-plant Awareness Month; How Are You Promoting Your In-plant?
If you were waiting for a reason to promote your in-plant, here it is: February is In-plant Awareness Month, an annual event created by the In-plant Printing and Mailing Association (IPMA). The idea is to recognize and celebrate the special contributions of in-house design, printing, mailing and distribution professionals.
All around the country, in-plants are promoting the value they provide to their parent organizations. Ideas include inviting customers to visit via an open house, inviting your suppliers for coffee/muffins, giving away prizes and creating a flier with tips for customers and a discount coupon.
Here are some other ideas:
- Announce your upcoming celebration plans through e-mails, your website, a newsletter, job tickets, even your voice mail greeting.
- Create signs or banners announcing In-plant Awareness Week and position them in high-traffic areas.
- Post an in-plant related status once a week on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Hold a drawing each day of the week and encourage customers to stop by your shop every day to enter.
- Display your competitive pricing.
- Create signs throughout your organization to show your savings compared to outside vendors.
- Post a video on YouTube or Periscope (e.g., virtual tour of your in-plant, meet the team, etc.)
- Hand deliver customer thank-you notes.
- Invite upper management to a pizza party.
- Offer free “how-to” seminars for customers.
Don’t forget to show appreciation to your own staff this month too. Leave each staff member a personalized note of appreciation, suggests IPMA, or host a pot luck lunch.
Related story: In-plant Awareness Celebrations Continue