12 Technologies Honored with InterTech AwardsSeptember 1, 2012
Every year since 1978, Printing Industries of America (PIA) has bestowed an InterTech Technology Award on new technologies that it predicts will have a major impact on the graphic arts. More than 80 percent of these award winners experience continued commercial success in the marketplace.
Recently, PIA’s independent panel of judges deliberated over nominations ranging from digital presses and related enhancements to a variety of mobile and Web-based software. In the end, they selected 12 technologies to receive 2012 InterTech Technology Awards. These will be presented at the Premier Print Awards Gala on October 7, during Graph Expo, in Chicago.
The 2012 InterTech Technology Award recipients are:
• Kodak NexPress Red Fluorescing Solution. It lets printers easily add security to printed documents, direct mail and packaging. The virtually invisible dry ink fluoresces red when illuminated with ultraviolet light.
• Enterworks Enable. This Web-based software allows a company to manage complex product information, associated images and other marketing assets, then automates the delivery of this content through print and e-commerce channels.
• Esko i-cut Suite. This collection of workflow software is for users of large-format digital printers, to help them maintain efficiency and productivity.
• Fujifilm J Press 720. The world’s first half-size sheetfed inkjet press produces accurate and consistent color work with virtually no makeready waste.
• Heidelberg USA Prinect Performance Benchmarking. This subscription-based application lets companies compare the performance of their Speedmaster presses and operators with other printers.
• Keen Systems MIS and Web-to-Print. The cloud-based platform lets companies start creating storefronts in minutes.
• QuadTech Color Control and Web Inspection System with AccuCam. The system uses a spectral sensor to examine the entire printed image, without the need for control bars. It monitors color and adjusts inking while detecting a variety of print issues, like switched plates and scumming.
• Sun Chemical SunPak LMQ. This technology minimizes the risk of contamination to food and other products from chemical migration from inks, coatings and fountain solution.