Success Can Be Fleeting
You hear it and read about it every day, right?
- “You must add new services to remain relevant to your customers.”
- “You have to add cross-media communications to stop the marketing folks from outsourcing jobs.”
- “You have to add Web-to-print in order to make your operation the most convenient source for services.”
- “You have to benchmark and measure your business.”
It’s really about what value you contribute to your organization and the success of the stakeholders. Sure, adding new services can spark new attention from your customers; whether they are sticky will depend on what added value it brings to them in the long run.
Giving your marketing group the ability to generate targeted email and social media campaigns in-house at a reduced cost can be great, provided that your team is adequately trained in the delivery and follow-up activities that these communication channels require.
As for Web-to-print, I do believe that in today’s world it is table stakes. After all, how do you shop for or research things that you want to buy – online, right?
The ultimate value proposition that you can deliver is a positive contribution to your organization’s bottom line. You can help your administration save up to 30% in annual print spending by recommending and procuring a comprehensive fleet management solution for your copier program and affecting a unified print strategy across the entire landscape. You can give them a way to manage and measure costs not only with the MFP and copier fleet, but also in your print center.
Reduce Copier Costs and Waste
Fleet management solutions can:
- Help reduce waste and the associated costs and negative environmental effects.
- Influence user behavior toward better printing habits (less color, duplex, device utilization) that reduce costs.
- Increase document workflow security and help your organization with data regulatory compliance, through controlling access via device authentication and pull printing.
- Help to make your job easier with a centralized management option.
- Provide auditing capabilities for your administration.
If you champion an initiative to bring this kind of value to the home front, your stock is going to rise and any threat of an FM intrusion will be a non-starter where your leadership is concerned. Talk with your peers and other fleet managers. Talk with your vendors and find out how they can help you to make this happen.
As a manager you give 110% every day, but if you can affect a positive impact on your organization’s bottom line, that is the most powerful value proposition you can make.
Related story: From the Editor: Challenge Yourself
Aaron Hale is a senior advisor for Canon Solutions America’s Enterprise Services & Solutions division. With 20+ years’ experience in the corporate enterprise, SMB and graphic communications industries, his passion is to help leaders make strategic business decisions in their go-to-market and operational directions and then move them into actionable programs. Whether providing investment consulting for business process automation solutions or developing tools and resources for graphic services providers to deliver improved electronic and print communications, it’s watching them succeed that motivates him.