ACUP Coming to PennsylvaniaFebruary 1, 2012 By ByBob Neubauer
Anyone who has ever attended an Association of College and University Printers (ACUP) conference knows what an exciting event it can be. The camaraderie of attendees combined with the quality of the sessions make this one of the premier in-plant events of the year.
Last year's Dallas conference was ACUP's first meeting as a non-profit organization. This year the event is moving east, to Harrisburg, Pa., where it will be hosted by Bucknell University, from April 22-26. In-plant managers from all around the country, and even as far away as Scotland and New Zealand, are expected to attend.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Barb Pellow, Group Director of InfoTrends, who will provide research, analysis, and industry statistics to identify opportunities for in-plants.
- Mark Fallon, CEO of the Berkshire Co., who will analyze the state of the mail industry, including upcoming changes from the U.S. Postal Service.
Other topics will include:
- Preparing for an Emergency
- The Group FSC Certification Process
- Value-added Services
- Large-format Printing
- Copier Fleet Management
- Web-to-print Solutions
- Metrics for Measuring Operational Performance
- Digital Press Options and Solutions
- Overcoming Challenges and Institutional Barriers
- Creating a Positive Culture
One of the highlights will be a trip to Lewisburg, Pa., to tour the Bucknell University Publications, Print and Mail operation. While there, attendees will be among the first to screen a feature-length documentary called Linotype: The Film, about the Linotype type casting machine and how it impacted the world. Doug Wilson, the film’s director and producer, will provide additional insights into the filming and answer questions after the screening, which will take place at the historic Campus Theatre in Lewisburg.
Both ACUP members and non-members are welcome at ACUP 2012. Learn more at www.acup-edu.org