University Managers to Gather in Georgia
University in-plant managers will have another opportunity to get together at the end of this month when the Southeastern University Printing & Digital Managers Conference (SUPDMC) takes place in Valdosta, Ga., September 30-October 4. Hosted by Drew Burgering, manager of Printing & Copying Services at Valdosta State University (VSU), the 37th annual SUPDMC will feature a number of interesting sessions and roundtables:
- Mark Reeves, assistant vice president for Auxiliary Services at the University of West Georgia, will discuss “How You as A Shop Manager Can Support Your VP’s Goals.”
- Franny Lee, associate director, Stanford Intellectual Property Exchange, will clarify how managers can use technology to simplify copyright clearance.
- Copyright decisions will also be the focus of another session, “Copyrights - To Print or Not to Print,” by Dr. Lynn Futch, dean of Academic Affairs & Library Services at Ogeechee Technical College, and Amy de la Cruz, administrative assistant.
- “Building Team Work and Motivating Employees” will be the topic when David Schmidt, VSU Employee Development Training Specialist, takes to the podium.
- Former in-plant manager Ray Chambers, of Chambers Management Group, will offer his observations in a session called “Planning for Success”
- Angela Hobby, Executive Director For Public Relations at Wiregrass Technical College will provide managers with ideas for marketing their in-plants.
The conference will also include two roundtable discussions: “Value Added Opportunities,” led by Jimmy Robinson, of the University of West Alabama; and “Printing Trends in University Admissions and Development Areas,” moderated by senior admissions and development administrators from both VSU and Wiregrass Technical College.
On the last day, the group will visit both VSU’s Printing & Copying Services and Wiregrass Georgia Technical College’s printing/teaching facility. Social events will include dinner at a southern plantation (The Crescent House) and a tour of Horse Creek Winery. Find out more and register at www.supdmc.org.