Making Print Interactive—and Measurable!—with QR and AR
Sponsored by: Canon Solutions America
Speakers: Cindy Walas, Principal, Walas Younger Ltd.; and Richard Romano, Senior Analyst, WhatTheyThink.com
Quick Response (QR) codes and Augmented Reality (AR) are two related but fundamentally different ways of “making print interactive”—that is, adding codes or watermarks to printed materials that, when scanned with a mobile device, launch online or other rich media content like audio or video. Both have been sorely underused by marketers and printers as a way not only of adding value to print, but also of allowing marketers to accurately track—and gain important metrics about—the response to print.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to create and read QR codes, and some best practices for using them.
- The differences among some of the major Augmented Reality platforms.
- How to create simple AR using Blippar’s Layar platform, and some best practices for using it.
- New developments for QR and AR that are on the horizon.
- Examples of QR and AR “in the wild.”
- How QR and AR can not only be “cool,” but also provide marketers with valuable data about a campaign—making print more valuable as a medium.